RE: Traditional Xtianity teaches

From: Don Perrett-VP GPA (donperrett@genesisproclaimed.org)
Date: Sun Oct 13 2002 - 06:04:36 EDT

    Burgy,
    I apologize for using the word hatred. I do find it interesting though that
    some people would need to point out how many conservatives they know, in
    order to justify themselves. You could have just said that you didn't hate
    them. Since were naming names, I worked for Rumsfeld long ago. That of
    course does not make me an authority on anything. I too resent the tone of
    the LIST you gave. Most of the items in themselves are not necessarily
    political. But items such as 12, 14 and 18 are directly political. It's one
    thing to give an opinion, it's another to point fingers. While those on the
    far right, of which I'm not one, may be exteme, but so too are those on the
    far left. How you responded was exactly as I expected, since I got the same
    feeling from your LIST to begin with. I have no disrespect nor animosity
    toward you or anyone who ascribes to liberal views. I do have a problem
    however with those that appear to enjoy blaming the woes of life on others,
    including political groups, but do not want the same done to them in return.
    Basically anyone can call me what they want. I know who and what I am. I
    have no insecurities about it. I would sooner offend someone in an attempt
    to defend others, as I have done, than to allow anyone to be condemned or
    categorized, as the conservatives appeared to have been on your LIST. Point
    is, while they may be wrong, they are entitled to their opinions, as are you
    and I. If the point of the "study" you are conducting is to understand their
    point of view or perhaps the history and evolution of such views, I would
    understand. I, personally, could not figure out what exactly you were trying
    to accomplish. Judging from some of the other emails on this thread, I don't
    think many others did either.

    Don Perrett