Re: Traditional Xtianity teaches

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 00:31:55 EDT

    It disappoints me greatly to see politics thrown around as a
    discussion point on
    this list. The growing acrimony is a direct proof of what a horrible idea that
    is. This is supposed to be about science and Christianity, not a
    political forum.
    In my mind the Christian focus is:

    1.) To žspread the wordÓ about Jesus Christ. To assist others in coming to know
    him as their personal saviour and Lord.
    2.) To love one another, respect one another and support one another.
    To develop
    a local community of believers.
    3.) To serve all human beings by being a servant Ů following the example of
    Jesus.

    When people want to introduce politics into religion it is generally
    so that they
    can claim that Christianity supports their political viewpoint
    (whichever one it
    is).

    Jesus does not support gun control
    Jesus does not oppose gun control
    Jesus does not care about gun control
    Jesus does care about what I listed above.

    I think it would be a good idea to drop this thread and any further discussion
    about politics.

    Sincerely,

    Walt

    Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>