Re: Traditional Xtianity teaches

From: Robert Schneider (rjschn39@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Oct 09 2002 - 07:10:20 EDT

    When Jesus said to his disciples, "The poor you will always have with you,"
    I think he meant, "so always take care of them and do whatever you can to
    allieviate their condition," and not, as so many have read it in order to
    justify their doing nothing or opposing government efforts to relieve
    poverty, "well, too bad." Matt. 25:31ff is my "intertextual take" on what
    Jesus meant.

    Bob Schneider