Re: Who lied? Moses or God?

From: Jan de Koning (jan@dekoning.ca)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 10:37:46 EDT

    At 09:41 PM 07/10/2002 +0000, Jim Eisele wrote:
    >Recently a question dawned on me. How do you reconcile a non-day-age
    >or a non-YEC view with the OT? Exodus 20:11 and 31:17 both claim that
    >God told Moses creation took six days.
    >
    >Some take the position that Gen One is not historical. How can you
    >do that and not destroy the entire OT?
    >
    >Jim Eisele
    >Genesis in Question
    >http://genesisinquestion.org

    The word used for day, is in other places or long periods of time. Even in
    English: "the day of the industrial revolution." (Probably more often
    used years ago, when I grew up.)
    However, even then you run into difficulties. Therefor I believe, that
    Gen. 1-11 is more an indication of what happened than an accurate
    description in our modern sense of the word. Language use changes, as
    anyone who studies history and for example ancient or medieval language use
    can testify.

    Jan de K.