Re: Traditional Xtianity teaches

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 06:19:22 EDT

    John Burgeson wrote:

    > While I cannot think of a single religiously conservative friend I have who
    > is not also a rock ribbed Republican, I know my experience is limited; I am
    > sure there are some such.

    If you take out the word "religiously", that would also correspond to my
    experience as well --- and most people that I know are not "religious" at all.
    Why would it surprise anyone that conservatism in an individual is generally
    applied to _all_ areas of their lives?

    Once you get fully up to speed with the extremes of liberalism you
    will probably
    come to hate that as well. The problem is both extreme liberals and extreme
    conservatives. Our best hope is that they are near equal in numbers and cancel
    each other out.

    Bringing any politics into any religion is a BIG mistake IMO. History in
    churches I have seen proves that. The politics destroys the religion.

    Walt

    --
    Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>