Re: Traditional Xtianity teaches

From: Jan de Koning (jan@dekoning.ca)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 17:11:07 EDT

    At 10:34 AM 04/10/2002 -0600, John Burgeson wrote:

    > >>I think there should be a distinction made between what traditional
    >Christianity teaches and what traditional Christians believe, i. e. what
    >political views they hold.>>
    >
    >I find it quite difficult to separate the two. Perhaps that's just me.
    >
    >Burgy

    I agree, but in N.America it is very difficult to find a Christian party,
    if not impossible. It appears that all political parties see THE ECONOMY
    as the guiding principle for politics. And if SOME will admit the Bible
    into politics, they forget important parts of the instructions of the
    Bible: for example, some say that being poor is their own fault, not
    listening to our Lord's saying that the poor will always be with us,
    indicating that we must take care of them.
    Nevertheless, I am willing to join a truely Christian party, which
    acknowledges that THE ECONOMY is not the most important measure in a country.

    Jan de Koning