Re: Traditional Xtianity teaches

From: Michael Roberts (michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: Thu Oct 03 2002 - 12:26:41 EDT

    Burgy, Fundamentalism is NOT traditional Chrisianity. It may be in its
    original form at the end of the 19 cent e.g Warfield Orr Moule Ryle etc,
    but what is now called Fundamentalism is some new fangled obscurantist
    garble.

    What you describe is American Fundamentalism of the worst sort

    Real trad Christianity does hold the following and I have reduced your 28
    pts to 11

    1 Adam and Eve were actual people
    > > 3 Those who hear of Jesus and reject him are lost
    > > 6 Homosexual acts are always sinful - badly put
    > 9 Jesus second coming will happen
    > 10 Believers will be resurrected with new bodies
    > 11 Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation
    > > 17 Jesus Christ is both human and divine
    > > 20 Satan is a real entity
    > > 23 Divorce is always sinful (poss)
    > 24 The flood really happened
    > > 28 What we have today is quite close to the original manuscripts

    P.S. None of my neighbours are Republicans

    Michael - a true fundamentalist !!!!!!