Re: Did Peter walk on water?

From: Michael Roberts (michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 10:46:12 EDT

    Also never overestimate the intellectual capabilities of the well-educated
    on both sides of the pond, too often when it comes to Jesus they parrot the
    ideas of radical German critics of 150 years ago and are unaware that that
    they were effectively challenged by such as Lightfoot and Westcott in the
    1860s.

    BUT Lightfoot and Wescott would also upset the "simple bible believer" who
    switches off his brain when he opens the bible.

    Michael