Re: A falsifiable test Re: AiG bites the dust

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 20:57:50 EDT

    John Burgeson wrote:

    > >>In the above case and supported by AiG and ICR , _only_ mankind is the
    > >>object to
    > the Lord's intent in this universe.
    >
    > Therefore, all attempts to find other intelligence in this universe are
    > completely doomed to failure.
    >
    > Hence, The SETI activity is a ěfalsifiable?criterion. If SETI ever reveals
    > an
    > extra terrestrial intelligence, then a young earth has been falsified. Other
    > wise it has not.
    >
    > Whatcha think about them for apples?
    > >>

    > Won't fly, I think. My memory is hazy on this, but I dees to remember Gish
    > or Morris addressing the issue of extra terrestrial intelligences (material,
    > not angelic) and commenting that the ICR thesis did not necessarily suggest
    > either an absence or a presence of such.

    What? Even more unsupported claims ? Then it is time to challenge that type of
    hype again. They are your friends (or so you say) , not mine. Perhaps
    it is time
    for you to get more aggressive and _demand_ an alternative -- or an admission
    that they are not scientists in _any_ sense of the word. (I often have the same
    complaint about some of the ASA "theologians" on this list ---- including
    some of those who claim to have scientific credentials.....)

    Walt

    --
    Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>