Re: St. Michael & All Angels

From: John Burgeson (hoss_radbourne@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 11:38:02 EDT

    "How would we talk about angels in the context of modern
    science-theology dialogue?"

    That scripture affirms, at least in some places, that angels exist seems
    clear.

    The experiments of the late 1800s and early 1900s which looked for them as a
    physical manifestation, or at least as a perception of such by a human
    being, have been, as far as I know, established a null hypothesis.

    I don't think, as a scientist, I can say anything at all about them. Their
    purported existence is not something I know how to apprehend as a scientist.

    As a Christian, I find discussions of their purported existence interesting,
    but not persuasive, nor necessary for my spiritual well-being.

    For those friends of mine who claim they exist, and sometimes claim they
    have apprehended them, I simply respect their worldview and see no reason to
    argue otherwise. What they see as "real" I have no business denigrating. In
    some cases I may well affirm their comments.

    Burgy

    www.burgy.50megs.com