Re: AiG bites the dust

From: Jay Willingham (jaywillingham@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Sat Sep 28 2002 - 12:44:18 EDT

    Your position appears to be that AiG and ICR are not parts of the scientific
    community. I disagree.

    Referring to their theories as snake oil further supports my conclusion that
    both sides need to be less dismissive of the other. Attacks of an ad
    hominum nature denote unavailability of a satisfactory dispassionate
    response to their theories.

    The image of being chopped to pieces in debate on these issues subsumes a
    prejudiced jury. Further, Christ's imprimatur regarding the millstone and
    the deep blue sea should give pause to anyone who claims they are Christian
    yet viciously lashes out at a young believer so that he stumbles.

    Debates before disinterested juries on the subject by scientists learned on
    both subjects have produced results indicating both sides can set forth
    credible arguments for their positions.

    To me, the essence of science is to question conventional dogma. From such
    debate progress is made and entrenched hypothesis masquerading as theory is
    oft demoted to where it belongs.

    Jay Willingham, Esquire
    Central Florida