From: John W Burgeson (email@example.com)
Date: Fri Sep 27 2002 - 17:18:24 EDT
"WHEN DOES LIFE BEGIN? Scientific and Religious Perspectives on Stem
Five women were trying to decide when life begins.
1. The Catholic said: "Life begins at conception."
2. The Muslim said. : "Life begins when the fertilized egg attaches to
the womb's wall.
3. The Medical Researcher said: "Fourteen days after conception, when the
embryo is developed to the point that it cannot divide into twins."
4. The Medical Doctor said: "At 26 weeks, when the lungs are developed
enough for the fetus to live without a mother."
5. The Protestant said: "Life begins at birth."
6. The Jewish mother said: "You are all wrong, life begins when the dog
dies and the children leave home."
John Burgeson (Burgy)
(science/theology, quantum mechanics, baseball, ethics,
humor, cars, philosophy, ethics etc.)
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.4 : Sat Sep 28 2002 - 01:55:47 EDT