Re: AiG bites the dust

From: Jay Willingham (jaywillingham@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Fri Sep 27 2002 - 11:52:42 EDT

    Burgy,

    I detect the same lack of healthy skepticism from both sides of the debate.

    On one side there is a lack of skepticism about radioisotope and
    stratigraphic dating techniques as well as fossil record interpretation.

    On the other side there is a similar dismissive attitude about the same
    hypotheses and a lack of skepticism about certain biblical interpretations.

    The shrill voices on both sides remind me of the arguments which created the
    divisions between the first millennium Christian kingdoms that allowed Islam
    to penetrate so far into a divided Europe. Whether Christ owned the clothes
    he wore indeed...

    Debate and inquiry is good so long as pride does not overcome the faith that
    unites us.

    Ultimately, how God created the heavens and the earth, man included, is no
    less miraculous however it happened.

    The real key is how we use what we are and have now, to reach the lost, the
    other, with love, with the good news of Jesus' redemption and our freedom.

    Jay Willingham, Esq.
    Central Florida