Oil and Gold's Deep Hot Biosphere

From: Mr C (vr_junkie@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 12:11:38 EDT

    Group(in particular Glenn M.),

    I know the subject of oil came up here a while back - forgive me if this
    has been discussed previously - but has Gold's Deep Hot Biosphere been
    discussed here?

    I recently came accross some interesting info on this - I'm interested in
    what you all think:

    A short review in Oil & Gas International, an industry
    website--surprisingly positive.
    http://www.oilandgasinternational.com/departments/books_cd_videos/books/deep.html

    A precis of the book and Dr. Gold's contact information:
    http://people.cornell.edu/pages/tg21/DHB.html

    An article in Wired Magazine about Dr. Gold and the theory:
    http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/8.07/gold_pr.html

    An article in Science News about the deep biosphere:
    http://www.sciencenews.org/sn_arc97/3_29_97/bob1.htm

    An article in the Washington Post regarding Gold's theory.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/WPlate/1999-11/01/102l-110199-idx.html

    One of his pages at Cornell University:
    http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/tg21/index.html