Re: Did Peter walk on water?

From: george murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 07:30:03 EDT

             I predict that the "discussion" of this topic on this list will be a
    100% waste of time. It may be that some folks who are aware of the
    importance of the theological significance of scripture and the varieties of
    biblical literature will attampt to contribute but they will meet a stone
    wall in the naifs who will say
             a. I don't care what it means - did Peter actually, physically,
    historically, walk on water?,
             b. Well, God _could_ have made it happen so it did, &
             c. If you don't believe Peter walked on water, you can't believe in
    the resurrection.
    So gentlement, include me out. However, I would be happy to send anyone
    interested a copy of the sermon I preached on the Matthew text a few weeks
    ago.

    Shalom,

    George

    George L. Murphy