Re: Did Peter walk on water?

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 16:28:09 EDT

    Michael writes

    >The whole style and structure of Job and Jonah and place in the OT Canon
    >implies that they are not historical.

    Well, Michael, it is one thing to make an assertion. But why back off
    historicity so quickly?

    Are not Biblical stories that much more potent if they actually happened?

    The burden of proof lies on those who claim non-historicity.

    >I cannot swallow the idea that if God wanted to he could make a whale
    >swallow a man. We mock God by being incredulous. And make the bible a fable

    This is most puzzling. Christians who claim non-historicity are the
    ones building the Bible's reputation as a fable.

    Jim Eisele
    Genesis in Question
    http://genesisinquestion.org