Re: Did Peter walk on water?

From: Jay Willingham (jaywillingham@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 18:54:01 EDT

    >From the NIV:

    Matthew 14: 25 During the fourth watch of the night Jesus went out to them,
    walking on the lake. 26When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they
    were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear.
    27 But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be
    afraid."
    28"Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water."
    29"Come," he said.
    30Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward
    Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried
    out, "Lord, save me!"
    31Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little
    faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"
    32And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. 33Then those who
    were in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God."