Did Peter walk on water?

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Sep 21 2002 - 09:52:18 EDT

    Both the old and new testaments are used by the pastor of my church to
    illustrate points. Many on this list use the O.T. as containing many
    items which are "true" but not "historical". It does not matter all
    that much to me -- except for the uncommon usage of the word "true".
    The N.T. (to me) is a different story. I definitely do not much believe
    scholars like Spong.

    So I ask this list for opinion.

    In the story about Peter walking on water

    1.) Is it true?
    2.) Is it actual history -- i.e. did it really happen as an event in
    time and space?
    3.) Does it even matter?

    I am prone to answer "yes" to all 3.

    Walt