Accuracy of the Bible

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Sat Sep 21 2002 - 05:16:29 EDT

    Many on this list have claimed several "historical" parts of the
    Bible really are not historical.

    The purpose of this post is discussion, not "fighting."

    Let's leave aside the flood for now. There is way too much
    evidence for a real flood (local, covering hills, not mountains)
    for me to take counter-claims seriously.

    So, what is the best argument that the Bible contains false history?

    I'm not getting this whole Jonah thing. A God who can create the
    universe can easily keep someone alive inside a big fish.

    While we're at it, let's throw out any Bible passages that's
    historically "contradict" each other. After all, it's the weekend,
    and we all hopefully have a little extra time.

    Jim Eisele
    Genesis in Question
    http://genesisinquestion.org