KJV and Mormonism

From: John W Burgeson (burgytwo@juno.com)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 16:45:23 EDT

    An outside correspondent sent me a long email on this with permission to
    post it.

    He wrote: "I'm not on the ASA listing but this might answer the question
    about the
    Mormons accepting only the KJV.

    Their 8th article of faith reads "We believe the Bible to be the word of
    God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of
    Mormon to be the word of God."

    The key seems to be in the phrase "as far as it is translated correctly."

    John Burgeson (Burgy)

    http://www.burgy.50megs.com
            (science/theology, quantum mechanics, baseball, ethics,
             humor, cars, philosophy, ethics etc.)