Re: KJV translation (Was Re: The Flood Hoax)

From: Joel Peter Anderson (joela@umn.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 11:45:20 EDT

    > Fascinating. I learn something more every day. Can anyone provide a citation
    > on the "Mormons accept only the KJV?"

    Uh, you could ask *them* maybe?

    http://scriptures.lds.org/bdb/bible:

    With the discovery of more ancient mss. not available to the King James
    translators, many translations of the Bible have been produced since 1900
    by Bible scholars. However, based on the doctrinal clarity of latter-day
    revelation given to Joseph Smith, the Church has held to the King James
    Version as being doctrinally more accurate than these recent versions.
    The newer versions are in many instances easier to read, but are in some
    passages doctrinally weaker in their presentation of the gospel.
    Therefore, the King James Version remains the principal Bible of The
    Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

    [Like many of us, they have lots of well developed web materials. And, as
    with many web pages "polish and details" != truth.]