Re: Discovery vs production

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 16:06:44 EDT

    Glenn Morton wrote:

    > Since some on this list think I am a sole proprietor of doom and gloom,
    > oil-wise, I thought that some stuff from First Break, the journal of the
    > European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers might be of interest.

    Now Glenn:

      Since I used that phase once, you are probably thinking about me (among
    others?). I would never call you the _only_ prophet of gloom and doom -- just
    _ONE_ of the prophets of gloom and doom.

    If you are right, it is pretty sad. My granddaughter is some sort of Triathlon
    Academic Team and has economics of energy as one of the the topics. The
    literature she has been given touts the viewpoint that you criticize -- namely
    that there are gobs of reserve oil left.

    Can you cite an easily available reference for a Freshman in High School that
    she could obtain for the library -- the most compelling one you know of? Who
    knows, this humble beginning could help to put the world on the
    correct path :-)

    Walt

    Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>

    In any consistent theory, there must