RE: The Flood Hoax

From: John Burgeson (hoss_radbourne@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 11:05:29 EDT

    Jim wrote: "I'm not sure what value there is to denying all of the evidence
    for a local flood."

    Please do not fall into the dyatic fallacy trap here. There are not just two
    flood positions, but (at least) three:

    1. Believe the flood happened
    2. Deny the flood happened
    3. Willing to consider both possibilities

    I take position 3. If I were convinced that it was an "important" issue, I'd
    have to spend more time in study to assume either #1 or #2. I don't have
    that problem.

    "So, if this is your biggest beef with Scripture, you are in good shape."

    Scripturally maybe. But my doctor tells me to drop a few pounds. What does
    he know? He's been telling me that for years and I haven't listened yet. < G

    Burgy

    www.burgy.50megs.com