Re: The Flood Hoax

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 16:26:30 EDT

    John writes

    >>Jim asked: "... then what becomes authoritative? John, have
    >>you gone and started your own religion?"

    >You asked me the second question before. The answer is still "no."

    Sorry for the repetition and any apparent insensitivity.

    >The answer to the first question has occupied my own study and search for
    40
    >years. I expect it will continue until I leave this planet.

    I admire your tenacity.

    >Daniel Taylor's book THE MYTH OF CERTAINTY helped me a lot in this quest.

    I haven't read the book. But, I do believe in absolute truth.

    >My own education as a physicist also gave me an appreciation for the
    concept of
    >"model," and the necessary use of metaphor. So, I apprehend God
    imperfectly,
    >and there are many models (including panentheism) that inform my
    >understanding. In the end, I shall no longer see "through a glass, darkly."

    None of us see 100% clearly.

    >I take the scriptures that we have, as well as church traditions, reason
    and
    >the comments of others, seriously.

    I can respect that.

    Yet, I remain disturbed by any "hole-poking" of the Bible. If you have big
    problems with certain parts of the Bible, that's one thing. But, if you are
    only taking issue with "trivia" I am a bit confused. Are you claiming
    inaccuracy in big parts, or "trivia"?

    Jim Eisele
    Genesis in Question
    http://genesisinquestion.org