RE: The Flood Hoax

From: John Burgeson (hoss_radbourne@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 16 2002 - 12:20:25 EDT

    I wrote: "to therefore claim inerrancy for them [(scriptures]is an empty
    claim, having no >usefulness.

    Jim asked: "... then what becomes authoritative? John, have
    you gone and started your own religion?"

    You asked me the second question before. The answer is still "no."

    The answer to the first question has occupied my own study and search for 40
    years. I expect it will continue until I leave this planet.

    Daniel Taylor's book THE MYTH OF CERTAINTY helped me a lot in this quest. My
    own education as a physicist also gave me an appreciation for the concept of
    "model," and the necessary use of metaphor. So, I apprehend God imperfectly,
    and there are many models (including panentheism) that inform my
    understanding. In the end, I shall no longer see "through a glass, darkly."

    I take the scriptures that we have, as well as church traditions, reason and
    the comments of others, seriously. I give most weight to the scriptures.

    Burgy

    www.burgy.50megs.com