RE: The Flood Hoax

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Sun Sep 15 2002 - 16:15:42 EDT

    John writes

    >>"If the original manuscripts/tablets are inerrant, the Bible is
    >>more reliable. ... ."

    >Yes, and if horses could fly ... .

    Ouch!

    >My point is that (1) we don't know what the originals said
    >and

    I agree, somewhat (searching for some common ground :-)

    >(2) to therefore claim inerrancy for them is an empty claim, having no
    >usefulness.

    Hmmm (scratching head), then what becomes authoritative? John, have
    you gone and started your own religion? I'm not trying to be sarcastic,
    just trying to find a logical conclusion for your statements.

    Jim Eisele
    Genesis in Question
    http://genesisinquestion.org