Re: The Flood Hoax

From: george murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 15:30:30 EDT

    Burgy -
             I have great respect for the KJV but consider the "KJV only" view,
    especially in the extreme form you sketch below, completely loony. But the
    point that I made in my earlier post was that a number of the
    "discrepancies" in
    the gospels that inerrantists think require "harmonizing" are found in all
    competent translations. To take the one I mentioned, & quoting from KJV:
             Mt.20:29-30: And as they departed from Jericho, a great multitude
    followed him. And behold two blind men, sitting by the way side ...
             Mk.10:46: And they came to Jericho: and as he went out of
    Jericho with
    his disciples and a great number of people, blind Bartimaeus, the son of
    Timaeus, say by the highway side begging."
             Lk.18:35: And it came to pass that as he came nigh unto Jericho, a
    certain blind man sat by the way side begging:

             Historical "harmonization" is child's play: Jesus restored
    the sight of
    one blind man as he entered Jericho and two as he left, only one of whom is
    mentioned by Mark. How plausible - or necessary - such a device is can be
    debated, but the problem has nothing to do with the distinctive qualities of
    KJV.

    Shalom,

    George

    George L. Murphy