(no subject)

From: Terry M. Gray (grayt@lamar.colostate.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 23:34:05 EDT

    Glenn,

    Ian Hutchinson, a prominent fusion researcher at MIT, gave one of the
    keynote lectures at the ASA meeting at Pepperdine. Hopefully, we'll
    have the audio up soon. During the Q&A time someone asked about the
    relative national priority concering the human genome project
    (Francis Collins had just spoken earlier that day) and what might be
    the consequences if fusion became as high a priority.

    Hutchinson didn't hesitate to suggest that fusion research does not
    have the priority that it could/should have and that more progress
    could be made if it were a higher priority.

    That's about how much I know about the subject, but it was
    interesting to hear it from an insider. Maybe this helps on the
    dispute between you and Walter.

    TG

    --
    Fort Collins, Colorado  80523