RE: More on the Georgia Decision, from Cal Thomas

From: Mccarrick Alan D CRPH (MccarrickAD@nswccd.navy.mil)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 09:25:29 EDT

    Kieth,

    My desired point in using the term "atheistic evolution" was
    precisely what you observed - it is a philosophical position
    presented as science. I believe that it is true that there are
    scince class rooms where the philosophical position of the instructor
    is being presented more than just the science. Remember the initial
    wording of the "official" definition of evolution by NBTA (?) that
    included the terms "unsupervised", "undirected"... Those words were
    taken out appearantly to remove those philosophical assuptions from
    the fact based science. It is too easy for a reductionist view to
    take hold and "prove" that God has no part in anything.

    Al McCarrick