RE: New society formed

From: Hassell, Ian C. (hasselli@eucom.mil)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 05:05:30 EDT

    The "wisdom of the scholars"......vs. the Truth
    Sender: asa-owner@lists.calvin.edu

    Excerpt from NEW SCIENCE AND RELIGION SOCIETY TO HEAL DIVISIONS AMONG
    FAITHS:

    "Many expressed the hope that the society would bridge long-standing
    divisions between religion and science and help overcome conflicts =
    among
    the
    religions themselves. "As we face the universal claims of science and
    confront its new challenges together, maybe we will find a common
    spiritual
    ground among ourselves,=BE according to Peacocke, an Anglican priest =
    and
    physical biochemist from Oxford University."

    John 14:6 - Christ clearly explains that, religions aside, HE is the =
    only
    way to the father. The focus on _religions_ is an unfortunate =
    diversion
    from what should be the basic discussion. A personal relationship with
    Christ not only transcends "religions" but also clearly denies the myth =
    of
    Diversity or Multi-Religionism. =20

    "Guiderdoni, who also serves as the Director of Research at the Paris
    Institute of Astrophysics, said "once our spiritual nature is =
    recognized,
    how is it possible for us to bring violence to each other?=BE"

    Romans 1 and following explains that our problems with violence in this
    world are due to our problem of a sin nature in each human being. Not =
    lack of recognition of our "spiritual nature". Even the demons =
    recognize
    our spiritual nature and the existence of God (James 2:19) but that =
    doesn't
    drive them to peace. =20