(no subject)

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 02:52:51 EDT

    Glenn Morton wrote:

    > Walter wrote:
    >
    > >Instead of "brute force", the talents of Physicists and Feedback Engineers
    > will solve the problem in very
    > >quick order --- with minimal funding. ( I say 6 months)
    >
    > [sarcastic mode on]Gee, why hasn't the scientific community seen this
    > obivous mistake and fixed it? I guess this means that we have our national
    > idiots currently working on fusion. Why don't we apply our talent to the
    > problem now? [sarcastic mode off]
    >
    > Walter, the above is incredibly insulting to the people in the field now.
    > Are you seriously saying that they are hot-dogging it or are too stupid to
    > fix the problem? Are you aware that fusion research deals with temperatures
    > far above those of your home heater? (I know, you will proudly claim that
    > you are a physicist and know all about such things, but if that is true,
    > then you should know better than to make such arrogant statements).

    [serious mode on] I hate to be insulting, but we do _not_ have the
    best talents
    working this problem. Simply throwing government money at a problem
    never works.
    I am familiar with the field since I did my dissertation on that subject and I
    watched many millions dumped into illogical experiments at Los Alamos for
    somebody's pet project. (Get fusion to happen before the gases can escape out
    the ends of a long tube.) I simply claim that if the U.S. took it as seriously
    as they did the development of the A-Bomb, then it would get solved.
    Try reading
    some books about the talent they used on _that_ problem. What they need is the
    same conviction that you have about the oil supply. When they get that
    conviction, then you will get the solution you desire.

    I turn the question around and ask you why it is that Glenn Morton sees the
    problem and the governments of the world do not? Are they all idiots
    and you are
    the smart one? Are you not being as arrogant as you claim I am?

    Walt

    Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>

    In any consistent theory, there must
    exist true but not provable statements.