Re: "charismatic" theologies and science

From: John Burgeson (hoss_radbourne@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 15:42:25 EDT

    >>I always thought Charles Hodge, A.A Hodge and B.b.Warfield were heretics
    >>of the first order. Did the beleive in God or did they even accept the
    >>authority of the bible let alone inerrancy?>>

    Speaking only of Warfield, there is an excellent book just out on his
    writings about science, religion, evolution, etc. Warfield accepted
    evolution without question and was, by any measure I can think of a deeply
    devout committed faithful Christian. I read the book last year; I seem to
    recall that he did hold to scriptural inerrancy.

    I would be interested to understand the reasons why anyone would consider
    him a "heretic of the first order."

    Burgy

    www.burgy.50megs.com