Re: The naturalist Philosophy

From: John Burgeson (hoss_radbourne@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 15:37:59 EDT

    Jan wrote: "in my first year's
    basic philosophy course I learned to divide "science"= (German
    "Wissenschaft") in 14 categories, from Theology to Arithmetic, but all bound
    together by our relation or nob-relation to God: "From the heart are the
    issues of life.""

    What I see here is simply a different definition of the word "science."
    Using the word "science" to encompass all knowledge is OK, but then we need
    a word for the part that has to do only with methodological naturalistic
    investigations of the material world.

    I prefer "science" for this latter topic, and "Fields of study" for what Jan
    calls "science" in the above. My study of German is now 45 years in the past
    (and I was not very proficient at it) so I don't know how to properly
    translate the word "wissenshaft."

    Burgy

    www.burgy.50megs.com