Re: "charismatic" theologies and science

From: Michael Roberts (michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: Sun Sep 01 2002 - 17:15:13 EDT

    Let's be clear. Charles Hodge in his Systematic Theology (c1870)makes it
    clear that he holds firmly to an old earth and in What is Darwinism (1874)
    is prepared to accept that evolution could have happened and that there is
    no theological objection to this though there is to evolution by natural
    selection.

    AA Hodge in the 1880s argued for theisitic evolution as did Warfield up to
    his death in 1921.
    As Rich Blinne made it clear that the PCA insists on a six day creation then
    they would regard these Princeton theologians as very dodgy - either
    apostate or on theway or even wooly liberals like bishop spong. Due to their
    compromising with the evolutionary geological timescale their orthodoxy is
    clearly under question as any good YEC would agree with.

    I hope my point is clear.

    To describe this trio as " orthodox Presbyterians" implies that their
    blatant evolutionism is orthodox as well.

    Michael