Re: Response on coal

From: James Mahaffy (
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 10:30:12 EDT

    Bill is one of the few YEC folks who is a geologist that has looked at
    coal. He has also gotten into some of the literature, which is good to
    see. He assumes (and I suspect rightly) that most folks don't give much
    consideration to Austin's floating vegetation mat theory. Since he knows
    something about coal, I thought that some of us that do know something
    about coal should respond.

    At this stage, I decided to make my response to Bill private.
    >From lack of other responses, I suspect either not a lot of you have
    studied coal or do not care to be involved in the exchanges. Besides it
    is MUCH easier for me to respond privately than publicly.

    James and Florence Mahaffy    712 722-0381 (Home)
    227 S. Main St.              712 722-6279 (Office)
    Sioux Center, IA 51250