Re: Reasons to reject concordism in Genesis 1

From: J Burgeson (
Date: Wed May 29 2002 - 21:26:46 EDT

    Mike wrote: "Isn't it possible that He
    deliberately chose to use Hebrew words with broad enough meanings to permit
    Gen. 1 to be understood in a "poetic" way by the ancient Hebrews, and then
    later on be understood in a scientifically accurate way by modern people
    possessing a knowledge of earth's history?"

    I suppose that is a possibility. If true, it would imply that he had in mind
    to deliberately confuse us. That, too, is a possibility, but one which I
    don't think is worth while following.

    Join the worldís largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail.