RE: Gaps in the Genesis genealogies?

From: Jim Eisele (
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 14:46:27 EDT

    Glenn writes

    >If you compare Luke 3:36 with the genealogies in Genesis, you find a guy
    >named Cainan who isn't in Genesis. Why wouldn't that make one wonder if the
    >genealogies are incomplete? It would do it for me, but then I don't know
    >what you and Dick Fischer know.

    Glenn, that is only one person, representing a very small period of time.
    I believe that you put Adam around 5 million years ago. I'm not a
    scientist, and don't know all of the lingo. But I think you're off by
    a whopping order of magnitude.

    Also, I've noticed that you're quick to point out faults. I humbly
    request that you take into account the amount of effort that it takes
    "Bible defenders" to respond to all of your posts.