RE: Gaps in the Genesis genealogies?

From: Glenn Morton (
Date: Thu May 09 2002 - 00:19:38 EDT

    Mike wrote:

    >>>If Green understood what Dick Fischer and I understand, that the Bible
    not actually present Adam as the first man in an absolute chronological
    sense, he would have had no reason to suspect that there might be "gaps" in
    the Genesis genealogies. <<

    If you compare Luke 3:36 with the genealogies in Genesis, you find a guy
    named Cainan who isn't in Genesis. Why wouldn't that make one wonder if the
    genealogies are incomplete? It would do it for me, but then I don't know
    what you and Dick Fischer know.

    personal stories of struggle