Re: Black Sea Flood

From: george murphy (
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 21:39:30 EDT

    Don Perrett wrote:

    > So Jesus was a great teacher and example.
    > So were lots of other people. If this is what Christianity
    > boils down to then it has no distinctive message at all.
    > Don P: Comparing Christ to a coworker giving you some advice
    > is a total misrepresentation of what I said. Of course
    > that's not a first, nor a last. Now on the other hand, when
    > the boss comes in and tells you how something is done, you
    > do it. I don't know about you, but I would follow the boss
    > and not your coworkers. If you can't tell the difference,
    > just look at the paycheck. In other words, your cute
    > comparison of Christ being just a teacher is just that,
    > just cute. But you helped to make my point. Christ did bring
    > new interpretations and aspects to the OT. That is what I
    > said although some people do not understand English as well
    > as others. But as is the habit, you are unable to quote a
    > scripture that says Christ abolished the OT. Of course there
    > is none and that is my point. He came to fulfill and
    > enlighten, and in the end die for us. He didn't use some new
    > God or teaching, he used the same OT that the rest of us
    > use. When Christ did as God commanded, he did so following
    > the OT. Good enough for him, good enough for me.
         Given that concluded your earlier post with "Do as Christ did.
    Believe as Christ did.
    If you do, then you'll be following the OT, as Christ did", I don't
    think my summary was unfair. The fact that I was "unable to quote a
    scripture that says that Christ abolished the OT" is hardly surprising
    in view of the fact that I neither think nor said that he did."
         I see no point in continuing this conversation.

    George L. Murphy
    "The Science-Theology Interface"