Re: Genesis One and Concordism (was a lot of other things previously)

From: John W Burgeson (
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 11:13:40 EST

    Jim wrote: "Eventually God will ask us if we 100% believe or 0%."

    I really doubt that. I see Christianity as the establishing of an agape
    love relationship. Whether one "believes 100%" in some statement of
    history does not really seem important to that.

    Soul: Well, God, here I am.
    God: First question. Did you believe 100% in the virgin birth?
    Soul: Well, I didn't disbelieve, but I have to admit I had some doubts.
    God: (pulls the lever).

    See Taylor's "The Myth of Certainty." It should be required reading for
    any Christian who thinks he thinks he thinks. (3 part duplication

    John Burgeson (Burgy)
           (science/theology, quantum mechanics, baseball, ethics,
            humor, cars, God's intervention into natural causation, etc.)