Re: Gen 1:1 and Concordism

From: Jim Eisele (
Date: Sun Feb 17 2002 - 06:14:26 EST

  • Next message: Jim Eisele: "Biblical Authority"

    Hi Wayne. I don't think that we've talked before.

    You wrote

    >So whereas I would definitely agree that concordance is very
    _useful_ (indeed valuable), ultimately even if we could show
    >an undeniable 1 to 1 agreement between the scientific
    >and the biblical accounts, it still comes down to whether
    >you think the writers told the truth to the best of their
    >ability or not.

    I 95% agree with you on this. The other 5% may provide discussion.
    I think that a lot of us (in our incredibly busy world) gloss over a lot of
    things. I do it myself all of the time. You have to, to survive. That is
    why a listserv such as the ASA is absolutely invaluable. With all due
    respect to the Middle East, thank God we have such a free and open soceity
    where debate like this is possible. I can't begin to tell you how much I
    have gained.

    I'll probably gloss over a lot even in just this one reply. I think,
    however, that we can fall flat on our faces when we focus on the "biblical
    writers." Either God inspired 100% of the Bible, or 0%, or somewhere in


    This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Sun Feb 17 2002 - 11:13:17 EST