Re: More on Hubbert

From: Bill Payne (bpayne15@juno.com)
Date: Sun Dec 30 2001 - 21:25:29 EST

    Along this same line but on a wider spectrum, I heard the "Weekend"
    summary of a couple of programs on Dobson last week. Dobson interviewed
    Richard Swenson (?), who has a book, _Hurtling Toward Obvilion_. Swenson
    has tracked various trends, such as the speed of money transfer, the
    scale of weaponery, total population of the planet, information, etc.
    since the 80's, and said we may see radical changes in society in the
    near future. He doesn't put a date on the change, but implies that it
    may be radical. I didn't hear him mention energy, but I expect he has
    included the oil supply in his book.

    Bill

    On Fri, 28 Dec 2001 09:26:22 -0500 george murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
    writes:
    > Those on the list may recall Glenn Morton's comments on the
    > "Hubbert curve" dealing with oil production. In the 29 November
    > Nature
    > (pp.487-488) there is a short positive review of a new book,
    > Hubbert's
    > Peak: The Impending World Oil Shortage (Princeton, 2001) by Kenneth
    > S.
    > Deffeyes. According to the book, world oil production will peak
    > pretty
    > close to 2005.
    > This is combined with reviews of 2 related books, one on the
    > relationship between nuclear power & nuclear weapons & the other on
    > hydrogen fuel cells.
    >

    > Shalom,
    >
    > George
    >
    > George L. Murphy