Re: Pasteur quote

From: John W Burgeson (burgytwo@juno.com)
Date: Sat Dec 29 2001 - 12:29:09 EST

    Wally wrote: "I believe that Pasteur and Thompson were attempting to say
    that a valid theory should be both quantitative and predictive in nature.
     If not, then it just is not good science. I think that even alchemy and
    astrology would fit the above definition."

    The author John Casti, in his book "Search for Certainty," refutes that
    idea rather convincingly. My review of that book, published in
    PERSPECTIVES, is on my web
    site, page two.

    Burgy

    http://www.burgy.50megs.com
           (science/theology, quantum mechanics, baseball, ethics,
            humor, cars, God's intervention into natural causation, etc.)