Re: Exegesis or Eisegesis?

From: Dick Fischer (dickfischer@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Dec 26 2001 - 18:24:48 EST

    Peter Ruest wrote:

    > > Doesn't Scripture
    > > tell us He creates [bara'] individual human beings (Is. 43:7), who are
    > > fathered and borne by natural procreation?

    The "bara" you refer to pertains to "Israel" (Isa. 43:1), descendant from
    Adam, who was created (bara) in "the image of God." Generic human
    beings, outside of Israel, not descendant from Adam, are not included
    in this verse. This has been the tendency for Christian apologists,
    extending to all of humanity what was written for only one nation.

    Dick Fischer - The Origins Solution - www.orisol.com
    "The answer we should have known about 150 years ago"