Re: God acting in creation #4+++

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 19:34:53 EST

    george murphy wrote:

    > Walter Hicks wrote:
    >

    >> george murphy wrote:

    >> > point, it could involve all of space-time -- not just from some
    >> > space-time event and then forward in time.
    >> >
    >> > & then how would we know?
    >> >

    >> > Shalom,
    >> >
    >> > George
    >> >

    >> By comparing Genesis 1, 2 and 3 and taking all to be true historical
    >> events. It is only by assuming that God works as a function of time
    >> in this universe only that one is forced to conclude that "Genesis 2
    >> is not an historical account of creation events".
    >
    > I have no idea what this means.
    >
    > Shalom,
    >
    > George

    Sorry, GeorgeWhat I mean, George, is that Genesis Chapter 1 presents a
    different time sequence of creation that genesis 2. It is difficult to
    reconcile if you think that God can do only one thing and fit it into
    this one universe. If, however, these are different accounts because God
    did two different things (like human beings can) then they tell a
    different story. My opinion is that God first allowed man to work out a
    simple relationship as described in genesis 2 and 3. When we failed to
    follow the rules, we were put into this universe of increasing entropy
    and finite lifetimes. (Two different stories in two different space-time
    continua). the reason I believe this is because I find it difficult to
    fit Genesis 1, 2 and 3 into one universe but no difficulty in assuming
    that God can do more than one thing.

    Walt

    Walt

    --