Re: God acting in creation #4+++

From: Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@uncwil.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 10:30:26 EST

    The laws of nature are our generalizations of physical data and the
    predictions from such laws are not prescribe for Nature to follow. It is
    true that our tinkering with nature over short times does agree with some of
    these predictions. But it takes more than that to claim that Nature must
    behave according to our laws. I am not prepared to take that step. The laws
    that I am referring to are the ones that deal with experimental science,
    physics in particular. Historical sciences, viz., evolutionary theory,
    cosmology, etc., deal with unique events and in such cases our predicative
    powers and in enormously weaker grounds. God can act locally if He wants, He
    does not have to act globally at all. Otherwise, the oceans and all the
    waters would now be vine! Moorad