Re: God acting in creation #4+++

From: bivalve (bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com)
Date: Mon Dec 17 2001 - 17:24:39 EST

    > Like the other physicists here, I simply don't see how the possibility for new types of organization to be introduced without there being corresponding changes in the properties of matter and its interactions, and thus in the laws that describe the physical world - whether those laws deal with particles or fields, or are classical or quantum.<

    I would take Peter's model of God selecting an extremely improbable outcome to produce a novel structure as an example of introducing a new type of organization without a change in the laws of physics. Similarly, creating some entity ex nihilo (e.g., the first cell) and then letting it carry on under ordinary providence would not require an alteration of the laws of physics, though they would be set aside in the creation event itself.

        Dr. David Campbell
        Old Seashells
        46860 Hilton Dr #1113
        Lexington Park MD 20653 USA
        bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com

    That is Uncle Joe, taken in the masonic regalia of a Grand Exalted Periwinkle of the Mystic Order of Whelks-P.G. Wodehouse, Romance at Droigate Spa