fact versus theory of evolution from RE: What is "special creation"?

From: bivalve (bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 18:04:36 EST

    >Biological evolution is a change in the genetic characteristics of a population over time. That this happens is a fact. Biological evolution also refers to the common descent of living organisms from shared ancestors. The evidence for historical evolution -- genetic, fossil, anatomical, etc. -- is so overwhelming that it is also considered a fact. The theory of evolution describes the mechanisms that cause evolution.<

    This is essentially how my advisor described the difference as well. Change in organisms over time is an observed fact. Theories suggest the mechanisms accounting for this change.

        Dr. David Campbell
        Old Seashells
        46860 Hilton Dr #1113
        Lexington Park MD 20653 USA
        bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com

    That is Uncle Joe, taken in the masonic regalia of a Grand Exalted Periwinkle of the Mystic Order of Whelks-P.G. Wodehouse, Romance at Droigate Spa

    Sent via the WebMail system at mail.davidson.alumlink.com