Re: Evolution Statement (corrected)

From: Michael Roberts (topper@robertschirk.u-net.com)
Date: Sun Dec 09 2001 - 17:52:41 EST

    > Das ist gewisslich wahr! But please do not blame all physicists for this
    error
    > - even physicists like myself who think that physics is the most precise
    &, in a
    > sense, most fundamental of the natural sciences. > BTW, I think it
    was Rutherford who made the stamp-collecting remark. I'm
    > mildly offended by it, but only because I'm a stamp collector!
    >
    > Shalom,
    > George
    >
    > Yeah it was Rutherford. I wondered if a physicist would jump on me and
    George has! It was first thrown at me in jest by my uncle Grenville Yarnold
    who was a physicist clergyman who wrote several science and religion books
    in the 50s and 60s. I do think some physicists are redeemable - e,g George
    and Howard van Till for starters!! Dont take this too seriously!! The
    difference between George and Howard and myself are probably minor ,
    thoroughly creative as opposed to thwarting any learning of the truth.
    To be serious far to much understanding and philosophy of science is geared
    to physics as THE science overlooking the historical sciences. This
    perpetuates the problems and misunderstandings.

    Regards (to physicists as well)

    Michael