Re: Response to: What does the creation lack?

From: george murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Date: Sat Dec 08 2001 - 20:13:18 EST

    "D. F. Siemens, Jr." wrote:I don't think "Trinity" is a very good basis
    for your point. I believe that, while the term is not biblical, the
    concept is, and could be recognized only on the basis of revelation. The
    traditional rejection, on the basis that 1+1+1 cannot equal 1, is
    philosophical in nature. Only recently have some recognized that
    aleph-null x3 necessarily equals aleph-null.

            Both arguments miss the point since they fail to realize that
    the unity of God can be organic rather than mathematical. The doctrine
    of the Trinity is not theological algebra.

    Shalom,

    George

    George L. Murphy
    http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/